Skip to main content

Wondering if the new koodo internet is provided by their network the same way my phone gets it or if it is the more common wire to a modem. I need internet that is non invasive to the property i rent, the landlord here won't allow anything done to the house and there is already 2 separate people getting internet from fibre optic modems

It's not a cellular connection. It is wired DSL Internet, via the phone line, AFAIK.

@Shmenb If you have an existing internet connection already, than installation would be as you called it, ‘non-invasive’.  Based on your address on file service is indeed available at your location. Being a Koodo customer you even get an extra discount on the price.  I hope this helps!

It's not a cellular connection. It is wired DSL Internet, via the phone line, AFAIK.

What if you don't have a landline? Does Telus/Koodo do dry loop installation?

Koodo is using whatever providers are around as resellers. So if you’ve got fibre to the house already, you shouldn’t even need anything like a dry loop, and I don’t see why not. These days it’s usually a quesiton of if there’s an extra charge or not for doing a dry loop, if it’s via DSL.

@czg416 You don’t have to have landline service. You do have to have the connection available though. Which the vast majority of the places do.  If not, installation (from the street connection) would be needed. Depending on your area and which outfits service the neighborhood (Bell, Rogers, Cogeco etc.) they would typically run a line to your place. It’s very rare there wouldn’t be an existing connection. If you had Internet service before or paid TV you should have everything available.