Koodo Community
Solved

Is it possible to track my Phone with the Sim Card even with a Data-Block

• 3 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I lost my phone somewhere and I have a data-block on it. Is it possible to track it with the Sim Card even with a Data-block. 

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 3 November 2023, 21:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Hello is it possible to locate a Phone using my Sim Card even if it has a DATA BLOCK. PLEASE ANSWER FAST BECAUSE IT HAS IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND IT CAN’T GET IT’S DATA ERASED UNLESS SOMEONE CONNECTS IT TO THE INTERNET.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No it is not.  Only way would be if it connects to wifi or a data connection

Ah that is quite lame :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you referring to the Data Block Add-on or data blocked via your phone’s settngs?

the data block occured because I was late in payments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am unfamiliar with  Koodo applying a data block when there are late payments.  Typically with late payments, an account would be suspended outright.  

On your koodo account do you see a data block add-on?

Are you on a spending limit program?

I feel like I need more background info here as I have no idea what data block you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@yacineH We can see that you managed to get in touch with a rep over the phone in the meantime.

In case of suspension of the services, all services (calling, texting and data) are disconnected.

The phone can still be connected to a wifi network, in which case you might be able to track it if Find my Phone is enabled on the device.

Along with that, there are some other features that need to be enabled on your phone, so you can track it, more details can be found here https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

Yes I was able to do this, I as well requested via google to erase all of my data as soon as the device connects to the internet.