Koodo Community
Solved

Is it possible to avoid multiple credit checks?

• 13 September 2023
  • 3 replies

This offer from koodo “$39.00per month 20 GB 4G speed” is significantly better and cheaper then the offers I was able to get from telus while part of the enterprise partner program. I didn’t have koodo account so I just provided the same information 4 times to open up 4 lines immediately.

Is it possible to avoid getting 4 credit checks?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 13 September 2023, 08:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally, you only have to open a new account with one number first, then add additional later. That would avoid hard creditcheck. If you choose to open 4 individual lines at the same time, that might as well trigger fraud protection measure, and they could cancel the order.

I tried calling support and they explain they use a third party service to handle checking credit so it’s possible only 1 hard credit check will occur. They said would transfer to their support team to double check but I got redirected to the IVR instead

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried calling support and they explain they use a third party service to handle checking credit so it’s possible only 1 hard credit check will occur. They said would transfer to their support team to double check but I got redirected to the IVR instead

if you ask a rep to activate your phone lines, you might be charged for activation fee as well. Make sure you confirm with rep before proceeding.

If you go in-store, there should only be a hard credit check when you opened the account. However, connection fee might applies .