Skip to main content
Question

i keep getting calls from a representative claming there from telus by these numbers +18333903721 about changing my plan is this a scamer?

• 10 February 2024
  • 10 replies

i keep getting calls from a representative claming there from telus by these numbers +18333903721 i tried looking them up and see ppl saying there scamers they knew my first name and called about me changeing my plan i told them im not intrested but they keep calling me monthly it seems, i gave them no info other than my first name should i take ferther aciton is there anyway to alert koodo or telus there parent company that someone is trying to attempt to impersonate me?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why did you get the impression that it’s a scam? If they know you by name, it sounds like it might be genuine. What plan were you offered?

because i looked the number up on google and found a bunch of links saying there a scamer they asked me about switching my home internet  and when they showed up on caller id it just said toll free serv instead of telus.

I just looked up the number and came across this post I was also wondering the same? It came up as Bell when I looked it up forever ago. But im not with bell it just annoyed me so i blocked the number problem solved lol.

Userlevel 1

I got a call on 10th feb from Telus offering me a 60 GB plan with free Samsing 24 ultra for 60$ per month. I asked them to send email. The email was from a fake domain and also the call back number in the email was a thunder bay number.

They called me back a day later as i was driving when they made the offer.  I questioned them saying it is a scam and the person just hung up.

So there is a scammer going around trying to call as say they are with Telus and trying to get personal and possibly credit card info.

yeah sounds like there fishing for your info wile trying to sound legit also it sounds like there calling from a vary busy loud call center..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The best thing you can do is NOT give out your personal information even if it from legit number.

IF you are interested in the offer, tell them put those offer/ note under your account. Then you set up a call back to talk to rep to get the deal.

yeah sounds like there fishing for your info wile trying to sound legit also it sounds like there calling from a vary busy loud call center..

Same here

Same here.

It seems they know I have a service with Telus. Not sure how they know that, whether it's just a bluff. Can anyone confirm if the number is legit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesnt matter if a number is legit.  Numbers can be easily spoofed by scammers