Koodo Community
Question

I am with Virgin. If I switch to koodoo, do I have to change my and my husband’s phone numbets?

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Do I have to change my and my husband’s phone number if I switch from Virgin Mobility to Koodo?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

If the numbers are eligible to be ported then it should not be an issue. All you would need is your account number from Virgin plus. This can be found on a bill or in the My Virgin app on the home page. Most numbers are portable to Koodo with no problems, however there can be acceptions. This will be told to you by the rep if you do it in person or if you do the process online then it will tell you if it can port the number or not. Assuming it can be, you will receive a text asking to respond yes or no to leave virgin plus and port out to Koodo. After that, that’s it! your service will be with Koodo and your virgin account automatically closes that line once it has successfully left to Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shaggy 

You can check if your phone number is eligible here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

In the same article, you can also find the steps to transfer your phone number over to Koodo