Koodo Community
Question

getting my old number

• 15 October 2022
  • 7 replies

When I first switched to koodo, they gave me a temporary number before transferring my old number (the one I have now). So when it comes to my Samsung account, its linked to the old number. I've asked Samsung about a solution since their service weren't solving the issue either. So now they replied to where they can fix my problem. The only issue is that they need to old number and I have no idea how to get it. I've tried koodos support services but it keeps bringing me to their automated support. It haven't been able to help so far. Is there somewhere I can go to just get the number or even a number to call koodo?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I first switched to koodo, they gave me a temporary number before transferring my old number (the one I have now). So when it comes to my Samsung account, its linked to the old number. I've asked Samsung about a solution since their service weren't solving the issue either. So now they replied to where they can fix my problem. The only issue is that they need to old number and I have no idea how to get it. I've tried koodos support services but it keeps bringing me to their automated support. It haven't been able to help so far. Is there somewhere I can go to just get the number or even a number to call koodo?

Do you still have the temporary number or the old number? Have you ported out your old number to Koodo? If not, is your service active with the previous carrier? In the case that you have cancelled your service, I’m afraid your old number is not retrievable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long ago did you switch to Koodo? If it's been less than 18 months you can look up your first bill in self serve, the number would be listed on there.

You shouldn't need the old number though. You can find directions on how to change the Samsung account phone number for two step verification here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090882/

How long ago did you switch to Koodo? If it's been less than 18 months you can look up your first bill in self serve, the number would be listed on there.

You shouldn't need the old number though. You can find directions on how to change the Samsung account phone number for two step verification here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090882/

Ive been with koodo for just over 18 months. And I know that the two step verification typically works but it sends the code to the old number (my temporary one). So when I go to the option where I've changed numbers, I put all the information the ask but for some reason it says my phone doesn't exist. I've been trying to get this fixed but it's been a constant headache that can't get fixed.

Do you still have the temporary number or the old number? Have you ported out your old number to Koodo? If not, is your service active with the previous carrier? In the case that you have cancelled your service, I’m afraid your old number is not retrievable. 

The number I have now is the number I had with my old provider. When I got my new phone woth koodo, they gave a temporary number until I told them to transfer my old number (which was pretty much instantly). But I had to make a samsung account before I was able to tell them. So the account is linked to the old number that I've never used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll need to contact Koodo directly to find out the number then. I'd recommend doing so via Facebook Messenger. It isn't a live chat, but they generally respond fairly quickly. (Don't send multiple messages before you get a response, since each time you do so it drops you to the end of the queue).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The number I have now is the number I had with my old provider. When I got my new phone woth koodo, they gave a temporary number until I told them to transfer my old number (which was pretty much instantly). But I had to make a samsung account before I was able to tell them. So the account is linked to the old number that I've never used.

You should have received an activation email from Koodo showing the temporary number when you opened your line. Did you look through your inbox? 

You should have received an activation email from Koodo showing the temporary number when you opened your line. Did you look through your inbox? 

I believe I got it! Thank you so much! I didn't even think about that.