Koodo Community
Question

Disappearing Data

• 4 July 2022
  • 1 reply

My data disappeared this morning and I can’t understand what happened. I received a text this morning that I’d used 50% of my data for the month. My billing cycle rolls over on July 16 so this is quite early for me to get this notification as I have 12GB of data and only use about half of it per billing cycle. About 20 minutes later, I received another next saying that I have used 90% of my data. Two minutes after that, I received a third text saying I’ve used all of my data and my data was now shut off. I was working when I received these texts and sending a few messages via facebook messenger; there’s no way I used up 6GB of data in this time frame. I’ve tried reaching out to koodo assist and I’ve tried calling the number but I’ve gotten no responses. I don’t want to pay extra for data unless I actually used that much data this month. I don’t use data to stream anything and I’m connected to wifi most of the time. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is quite possible. I had a faulty gif a friend sent via messenger that was stuck and constantly reloaded causing 1gb to be used in under half an hour while I was at work.

Check your data usage in your phone's settings. Is there an app that looks to have used an excessive amount of data?

What phone do you have?