Koodo Community
Solved

complimentary data

When going through my account I found a page titled Exclusive  Programs. It stated that  because I was a Telus Hub user and a Koodo customer I was getting 100GB of complimentary  data per month and that I could see this free data noted under  my Transaction History. I have searched every aspect of my account and cannot find notification of this anywhere. I would hate to have this sit there unused but also want to see it on my account so that I don’t find out later that this was an error of some sort.

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 26 July 2023, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this in you Koodo self serve?

Can you post a screenshot of this (just blank out any personal info)?

This is what was on my account via self serve...

Exclusive programsOffers and deals

Complimentary data FAQ

Good news! As a valued TELUS SmartHub and Koodo customer, we’ve added a complimentary 100GB of mobile data at no extra cost – perfect for using your phone to surf, stream or as a hotspot when you’re away from home.

Why am I getting complimentary data?

Because you have both TELUS Smart Hub and Koodo services with us, you are getting this offer. We want both of these services to work together to meet your connectivity and data needs, and to help with this, we want to ensure you have the data you need when you’re at home or on the go. By adding this extra data to your mobility plan, it ensures that you have peace of mind connectivity on both of your devices.

How long will the complimentary data stay on my account?

The complimentary data will already be reflected on your account and will be valid as long as you keep your TELUS Smart Hub service and your current Koodo rate plan active, including during a device upgrade. After logging into your Koodo Self Serve account, you will see the complimentary data under Transaction History, with an expiry date of 8 years.

How much does this cost?

There's no cost at all - it's totally free!

What do I have to do to get the complimentary data?

No action needs to be taken and the change will already be reflected on your account.

How does the complimentary data work?

The complimentary data will be added on top of your current data allotment on a monthly basis and will already be reflected on your account. It will be valid as long as you keep your current rate plan, including during a device upgrade.

The data bucket from your existing rate plan will be depleted first, followed by the complimentary data.come from an official 4- or 5-digit Koodo shortcode that will look like these: 5112, 5144, 5141, 7798,...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long will the complimentary data stay on my account?

The complimentary data will already be reflected on your account and will be valid as long as you keep your TELUS Smart Hub service and your current Koodo rate plan active, including during a device upgrade. After logging into your Koodo Self Serve account, you will see the complimentary data under Transaction History, with an expiry date of 8 years.

Do you see the complimentary data entry in your Transaction History?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the sounds of it, it was likely placed on your account as an add-on. Have you checked the add-ons section of your self serve account?

I just did and can’t find it there either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you activate the offer? I wonder if the activation need some times for a rep to manually add it for you.

I didn’t...it says I didn’t have to do anything and that it would just be added. But I can’t find anywhere that it is shown in my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t...it says I didn’t have to do anything and that it would just be added. But I can’t find anywhere that it is shown in my account.

I meant when did you activate service of a smart hub and your Koodo service? I guess those are 2 conditions for.the promo

I have had  them both for a couple of years now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have had  them both for a couple of years now.

It might be the problem. Let me flag a rep to have more information

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @shirl2 

We verified the situation and the specific promo is handled by a specific TELUS team that covers the smart hub and other landline services. 

The offer specifies that, canceling one of the services, either mobility or smart hub services, also changing the rate plan to an ineligible one, would lead to the add-on being discontinued from the account. 

In this situation, I would recommend to reach out to one of the TELUS  representatives as we do not have access to TELUS smart hub accounts from here. 

Thanks!!!