Koodo Community
Question

Can't receive phone calls. How can I connect with a Koodo support agent?

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

For over a week I have been unable to receive phone calls.  If I’m looking directly at the phone when a call comes in I can see the notification pane appear briefly, but before I can react to it the call is sent directly to voicemail. 

It’s a Samsung Galaxy A50.  I spent over an hour on the phone with 3 different reps at Samsung support, but he finally declared that he’d exhausted every troubleshooting avenue they knew to try, and that I should talk with my phone carrier.  I’ve been unable to get any kind of appropriate response via the chatbot, so I want to schedule a callback.

But of course I can’t answer their calls!  I don’t have access to another phone number to use.

Can the callback agents contact me via WhatsApp?  Or what other recourse do I have?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try putting your sim card in another phone to see if the problem follows? That should be one of the first things Samsung should have tried but maybe they didn’t. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don’t have another phone to try this with.  (The Samsung support was by phone -- I can make calls, just can’t receive them.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have Wi-Fi access in your home, download the Fongo Mobile app. The app works over Wi-Fi or mobile data and is available for iOS and Android devices. You will get a free local phone number that you can use when scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist.

Fongo Mobile app