Koodo Community
Question

Can't receive incoming calls and text messages

• 22 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a problem with receiving calls and text messages from other networks. I asked my coworkers who are with Freedom, Fido, etc. to call AND text me but they said the call goes straight to voicemail. I did not receive any of their text messages either (even though they sent one).

I think this all started last week, when I went back to Koodo from Fido via a winback offer. I was originally a koodo user from 2018 until now. Took the black friday deal of Fido and ported my number there. And then back to Koodo when they called me with a winback offer.

It seems like I can call and text anybody just fine. Data is also working great (5G). I have also tried some methods that were posted here before such as:

None of these work for me. I also contacted Koodo Assists with a scheduled callback but it seems like they can’t reach me either because it goes straight to voicemail, I guess?

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have to port your number back in?  DId you do it on your own via self serve?

WHen you did, did you get a confirmation text from Fido?  And did you reply yes to it?

The agent who called me with the winback offer did the porting back of my number herself. She did so as soon as I accepted the offer. And yes, I did get the confirmation text for Fido and replied with a YES.

One thing I forgot to mention though, if this helps a bit…  is that I’m using the very sim card that I got from Koodo when I joined them back in 2018. I did not remove it when I ported to Fido because I got an e-sim from them instead of a physical one. When I ported back to Koodo last week, I removed the e-sim of Fido from my device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try to remove the sim and put it back in and restart the phone?

Yes, I've already tried that. I also tried putting it on another phone to see if it's a device issue but it has the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like a port issue. 

Try to Call the Koodo/Telus number porting team (844) 232-7678,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@batista0001 

We have checked and we see the transfer has been canceled. More about the transfer process can be found here https://koo.do/PortIn

We have sent you a PM with more details, please check it out when you get the chance.