Koodo Community
Question

Can’t activate E-sim In Europe.. Please Help!!

• 20 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to install an Airalo e-sim on my iPhone 11 and when I try to add it, I am seeing the following message: 

“Your sim is not supported. The SIM in your old iPhone does not support eSIM transfer. Contact Koodo for assistance.”

I need this to work urgently. My Carrier Lock settings says “No SIM restrictions” so I am very confused and frustrated. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Please help

Wow. This is so sad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm a little confused. Are you just trying to add an esim or are you trying transfer esim? From looking at apples guide for it, 

“If you contacted your carrier for an eSIM after you set up your iPhone, and they set up eSIM Carrier Activation, follow these steps:       When a notification appears that says Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed, tap it.     In the Settings app, tap Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed.     Tap Continue, at the bottom of the screen.     Make a call on your iPhone to check its cellular connectivity. If you can't make a call, contact your carrier.     If the plan you activated replaces the plan on your physical SIM, remove your physical SIM. Then restart your iPhone.  “

And after that it still says not supported?

Thank you Goran,

What the fix was is to install E-sim manually instead of through Koodo