Koodo Community
Solved

Calling Philippine hotline or landline

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am a newcomer and still new how international calling works here in Canada. 😊

I am not sure if i can call the hotline or landline to the Philippines with my Unlimited International Call Perk with Koodo, I tried calling but it always says “6UM1 not in service”.

Thank you in advance for your responses. 😊 

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 23 March 2024, 22:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @iamnewbie 

Unlimited Long Distance Pack perk does include calling to Philippines, so you should be able to call number in Philippines. Have you tried with different numbers and you are getting the same “6UM1 not in service”? 

Yes I did, when I called a cellphone number in the Philippines and it worked, when I called a landline or hotline, it says ‘6UM1 not in service”, I tried 4 numbers but the response is the same. May I know what is the number format to be sure? Thank you 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually, landline numbers in Philippines are 9 digit long. When you call from Canada, you should add +63 in front of the number you want to call. Please check out this link for more details https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_Philippines

Hi, thank you for confirming. I already tried the number format and it worked. I now know what should be the format. With the number I am calling, I should just use the area code “2” instead of “02”.

Thank you for your response, it was a huge help. 😊