Koodo Community
Question

Wrongfully charged for Easy Roam in US - requesting refund

• 25 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I was charged for Easy roam for 3 consecutive days in August (18-20th) amounting to $42.00 presumably when I was in close proximity to the US border on Vancouver island.

Can I get this refunded to me please?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This might be tough. It’s 90 days to contest a roaming charge. I’ll flag a rep to confirm and hopefully you can still be within the window for a credit if it shows you weren’t in the US.

To prevent it from happening again, please refer to the following link on network settings:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @shaneflan97 

Unfortunately, the charges outside of the disputing period. Koodo gives 30 days period to dispute any charge that you do not agree with (in case of roaming, it may extend up to 90 days if the charges are delayed to a subsequent bill, which was not the case here). You can check the Koodo Service terms here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms

PRETTY F'IN SHADY AS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THE CUSTOMER MIS-SERVICE DEPARTMENT... 

GREAT WAY TO USHER PEOPLE BACK TO THE HIGHER PRICED PARENT CO. TELUS,.. WHERE THEIR MISTAKE COSTS YOU IN ADVANCE!!! UTTER SHIIIIITE