Koodo Community
Question

Why did I receive a bill, when I have not yet received a sim card or activated my account with Koodo?

• 21 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have read various posts associated with this issue. I have heard good things about Koodo and decided to give it a try. However, it does not seem reasonable that you are charged for days of use, when you have not yet received the SIM or been able to activate your phone. I received a bill- but, I have not yet got a SIM card, so cannot use Koodo services. I requested a call back to discuss, which I waited 24 hours for. Today, I picked up the call  as scheduled, pressed 1 to connect to the Agent and instead of connecting, I got a recording saying,  I did not press 1 (when I actually did) and the line disconnected. This happened 3 times as I sat waiting for the 2nd and 3rd callback attempts. Now I have scheduled a callback that is 48 hours out, to try again to speak to someone and have no idea if I will even get through. I am at a bit of a loss here, and I do not even have my SIM card yet. Not at all what I expected, and want to know how to get to a customer service agent, if the callback system is not working. Thank you in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you receive your SIM card, schedule a callback and ask to have the days you were charged without having your SIM card/service credited back to you. If you prefer, you can send a pm to Koodo via FB Messenger. I don’t agree with this practice. I guess they figure it saves customers the added step of activating their SIM card. 

Koodo Assist

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

Why am I charged for my SIM card before I’ve even activated it?

“To make sure that you can start enjoying your new SIM as quickly as possible, we ship it to you already activated. Billing starts only once it ships. When you receive the SIM card, you can immediately start to use it!”

Charges Explained | Koodo | FAQ

Rikkster: thank you for this suggestion and for the additional links. I hope to receive my SIM card soon and will try to get this sorted out. Must admit it is not a great start to my experience with Koodo.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@LMJak I agree with Rikkster for the most part...the only counter to that is you saving the connection fee. If you went to a store you wouldn’t have the added charge of a few days (what is it? $5?) but you would also pay an extra $50.