Koodo Community
Question

What to do if the credit card that you're using as payment still keeps getting an error?

• 10 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I am a new customer in Koodo and my bill is nearing its due. I am trying to use my credit card to pay which is a Canadian VISA. I have tried self-serve and dialing 611 but it’s showing an error and over the phone it saying that my card is not accepted. What else to do? This is frustrating. It’s not supposed to be this hard to pay. I really do not want to miss the due.  I have read the threads from this community but there’s no clear resolution for this issue. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you dial 611 to pay, what was the error message? did it say the card was invalid? Could you recheck if it was a visa debit or a normal Visa credit card?

Also, was the card under your name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PhilNew For security purposes the address on your credit card  has to match the address on your account for your Koodo line. And there is a slight difference hence the credit card payment not going through. Your street address associated with your credit card doesn’t have ‘northwest’ in it. 

You maybe able to update your address in self serve and see if it works that way.  Alternatively you could try another card if you have one that has an address matching your Koodo one. Or paying via your bak is an option although it does take 3-5 days for banks to transfer the money to us.  

Hi. Can I pay my bill ni store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PhilNew Credit card only. It may work there.

I tried my debit card and it worked. I am trying to set up my pre authorized payment method and it won’t accept my credit card from CIBC. I changed the address in the bank to match Koodo’s and still error. What do I still need to do to get this fixed? 

If Self Serve won’t let you register your credit card for pre-authorized payments, please dial #227 from your Koodo phone or schedule a callback on koodo.com/chat to get in touch with a rep and have the credit card registered manually.