Koodo Community
Question

What's this $79 application charge for?

• 25 February 2023
  • 11 replies

I have an “application charge” on my most recent bill but didn’t use any other application. I also can’t find the name of the application in order to cancel or dispute it. 
How do I dispute this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This may provide some clarity around 3rd party charges 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have an “application charge” on my most recent bill but didn’t use any other application. I also can’t find the name of the application in order to cancel or dispute it. 
How do I dispute this? 

Did you receive any text messages about the third-party charge?

No I didn’t receive a text about any purchases. 

This may provide some clarity around 3rd party charges 

I tried your tutorial but can not locate what vendor it’s from. I went through all my sms msgs from my last billing period and nothing came up. 
is there no email assist at least for Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag here to look into it. I guess it could be a purchase from a legit source like Google play or Apple store. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Brodd - It seems as though the charge came from Microsoft or Xbox. Typically these are for games or applications. 

You can find out more details about the $79 charge by calling Microsoft directly at 1-877-696-7786

@Brodd - It seems as though the charge came from Microsoft or Xbox. Typically these are for games or applications. 

You can find out more details about the $79 charge by calling Microsoft directly at 1-877-696-7786

I called Microsoft but they informed me to check my Microsoft Account which I don’t have. I don’ t have an Xbox or any Microsoft programs on my computer that are subscription based. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I called Microsoft but they informed me to check my Microsoft Account which I don’t have. I don’ t have an Xbox or any Microsoft programs on my computer that are subscription based. 

And what did they say when you told Microsoft that?

And what did they say when you told Microsoft that?

They said to try and log in anyways using my email incase I did have an account but didn’t know it….so I’ll try but I don’t have one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm surprised you didn't try to login while you had them on the phone. 

I'm surprised you didn't try to login while you had them on the phone. 

I was at work and didn’t have my personal computer.