Koodo Community
Solved

What is considered 'DATA'?

• 29 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I am SOOOOO old school.  I have the basic plan and was told that my bill would be $32 a month.  Today I got a bill for $82  Something to do with extra data charges.    So what is considered ‘DATA’  ?     Will I be able to use text anymore?   

If I didn’t need this phone for work, I think I’d just go back to a landline. 😣

icon

Best answer by Dennis 29 August 2022, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A thing that requires the internet to get information will need / use data when not connected to WiFi. 

So anything that needs wifi will consume data when you have data on and are not connected to WiFi. 

What is your plan? What are your mobile rrquitements? 

If you are very old school An option would be to move to prepaid. This will prevent any unwanted overage.

If you block/turn off data you will still be able to text (just not send picture messages) 

Hi Dennis 

Thanks.  My plan ($32) includes Unlimited text,  pay per use  data and ….. Canada Wide calling I think.    

MUCH APPRECIATED .   The pre-paid option sounds good.   Just paid my bill for the next month so I’ll have to ponder over that idea for a bit.  But, yeah,  I do want to avoid paying extra $$  

THANKS AGAIN!  😎 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo (like most telecommunications companies) bill 1 month ahead. You can actually leave anytime and they will credit / refund you any unused days. Text and talk will be prorated to the days you are signed up but if they are unlimited then there is no concern there.

Definitely check out koodo prepaid and even Public Mobile. See how they differ and you can select the phone that works best for you. 

If you have any further question please feel free to ask them here. 

I’ll definitely check out those options!  The fewer problems, the happier I’ll be.  
  As for my phone,  I actually like my  flip phone.  I have a computer at home so I’m just interested in the most basic cell phone.  

Thanks again, Dennis!  You’re a sanity saver.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you call a lot, check this plan: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/1GB-3Gspeed

They also have a $15 plan in which you can call 100 minutes with unlimited incoming. You can still buy extra minutes for 1ct/min.

Both plans include some data but you don't have to use that if you just want to use a flip phone.

You'll never get a surprise bill, that's for sure.

Hi Sophia 

I don’t use my phone a whole lot,  but I need a cell phone for work so I can be reached easily.   But that plan sounds just right.  I don’t care for the bill I just got.   I paid it, but I better not get another one like it.   

Thanks for the link! 👍