Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to pay bill with prepaid Visa debit?

• 25 December 2021
  • 3 replies

What could be preventing me from being able to pay my bill with a visa prepaid debit card? 

I have tried a number of times, using different browsers and each time I get an “oops” error message.

It is not a Vanilla Visa.  It is a prepaid Visa debit provided by a fintech app that works no problem for other payments online such as Amazon, or Door Dash.  

I can’t quite figure out why it is not being accepted.  Any insight would be appreciated.   

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 26 December 2021, 01:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a relatively new customer? (Signed up within the last 90 days?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What could be preventing me from being able to pay my bill with a visa prepaid debit card? 

I have tried a number of times, using different browsers and each time I get an “oops” error message.

It is not a Vanilla Visa.  It is a prepaid Visa debit provided by a fintech app that works no problem for other payments online such as Amazon, or Door Dash.  

I can’t quite figure out why it is not being accepted.  Any insight would be appreciated.   

It’s possible it does not correspond with your address on your Self-Serve account. Without the verification process, you cannot pay with your prepaid card. Is there another credit card you can use? If not, what about using online banking for the time being? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jonny P Those cards would have to be registered online and even then they can be finicky.  Try dialling 611 from your phone and use the automated system, sometimes that’s easier.