Skip to main content

I am trying to pay the bill in the TD app my adding Koodo Mobile as the payee, however my account number is 14 digit and it is expecting a 8 digit account number and not allowing me to add the payee.

However there is an option in the payee as Koodo(Formerly PC Mobile) which allows me to add the 14 digit account number.

Were you formerly with pc mobile?

I got a new number on April 1st from Koodo. not sure whether they allotted a formerly PC Mobile number to me. I tried paying 1 dollar to verify whether it's the same but I guess it doesn't reflect immediately in the Koodo Account and I have just the tomorrow to pay the bill so not sure what to do.

Can you pay in self-serve with a credit card this time? I can flag a Rep in the meanwhile to confirm

Sure that would be great thank you, wanted to save 5CAD taxes on paying via credit card so was trying this way.

I've flagged a Rep to assist. Out of curiosity, what taxes are you referring to avoiding by paying via online banking?

So if I pay 45 CAD through the banking app it deducts only 45. However when I pay using a credit card in the Koodo Websit, it adds a 5CAD tax

Hi @Shashank 

We couldn’t find an account based on the community profile, is it a prepaid or a monthly account? 

It's a prepaid account. I couldn't ask question using the Koodo profile so had to create a separate one. However the email id is the same.

That's strange, to say the least. If you check on the fine print of that cros besides tax, what does it say? Taxes should already be included in what's owed. You mentioned being prepaid….dont you need 45+tax to pay your base plan?

That's strange, to say the least. If you check on the fine print of that cros besides tax, what does it say? Taxes should already be included in what's owed. You mentioned being prepaid….dont you need 45+tax to pay your base plan?

I might be missing something here, i am new to Canada and Koodo, i saw that my baseplan is of 45$ and i thought if i pay 45 from my bank app then the same will reflect there. No where else does it show that I need to pay 45 + taxes other than the credit card payment page. So when they show baseplans of 40$ 45$ etc it doesn't include the tax?

This is what it says:

Credit or Visa Debit payments include taxes based on the applicable province of your phone number. GST/HST# 10065 2692, QST# 10029 28058. Click here for Provincial and Federal tax rates.

@Flo Koodo is there any possibility that I have been assigned a Phone Number/Account number that was previously a PC Mobile account?

Correct. In Canada, prices shown almost never include tax. If it's 45 dollars, it's 45+ tax. You basically are transferring funding to your prepaid account and pay taxes on top of the cost when you renew your 30 days

@Goran oh, thank you for this info, if i had proceeded my way then i would have just transferred 45 from my Bank app and that wouldn't be enough for the renewal as it doesn't include the tax.

Then i guess I can just proceed with the card payment for this time as it will cost me the same until @Flo Koodo gets back with the Account number discrepancies.

That would be my suggestion. For more info:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/topping-your-prepaid-account

By the looks of things, you might not even be able to use online banking. In fact it may be 14 digits because it's prepaid.

Hi there @Shashank ! For prepaid accounts, customers can only use a credit or Visa Debit card, OR purchase Kood top up vouchers. 

Thank you @Boa_Guy Koodo and @Goran

Correct. In Canada, prices shown almost never include tax. If it's 45 dollars, it's 45+ tax. You basically are transferring funding to your prepaid account and pay taxes on top of the cost when you renew your 30 days

Don’t know how they get away with not reporting taxes on prepaid statements. Koodo also knows how to complicate things.

$15 baseplan: If you are grandfathered for the 10% autopay discount, your acct is then credited $1.50. Next top-up is then $13.50, but credit card is debited $15.52 ($13.50 + applicable taxes).

Not trying to avoid tax, but Koodo and credit card accounts never reconcile unless you manually report the tax yourself.

Credit card line item