Koodo Community

Unable to add my cibc visa for pre auth payments.

• 14 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I was trying to add my visa card but it was saying “an error occurred” but then I tried with a amex card and it worked, My CIBC visa is my main card and I wanted Koodoo to charge that card. What can I do to solve this issue, thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was your CIBC Visa a “debit visa” or a normal credit one? Also, was it under your name and using the same address with your Koodo line?

Was your CIBC Visa a “debit visa” or a normal credit one? Also, was it under your name and using the same address with your Koodo line?

Hey, It is a visa credit and it is in fact in my name and address is same as the amex one and koodo line(I updated)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey, It is a visa credit and it is in fact in my name and address is same as the amex one and koodo line(I updated)

I assumed there was no recent address change recently.

I suggest you try to do it tomorrow and see if that works. If that doesn’t, you might have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to manually add the card for you.

I assumed there was no recent address change recently.

I suggest you try to do it tomorrow and see if that works. If that doesn’t, you might have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to manually add the card for you.

I can do that thank you. Do you have a contact number that can get to a rep the fastest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can do that thank you. Do you have a contact number that can get to a rep the fastest?

You could schedule a call back with their digital rep www.koodo.com/chat

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi everyone, I was trying to add my visa card but it was saying “an error occurred” but then I tried with a amex card and it worked, My CIBC visa is my main card and I wanted Koodoo to charge that card. What can I do to solve this issue, thank you

You should be able to update it. Simply follow the steps at the link below to change your information. If not, you can try to cancel it first and set it up again. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments