Koodo Community
Question

trading in iphone with tab bonus

• 14 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I got an iPhone 13 last Black Friday (~10 months ago) with a tab of $20 a month and tab bonus of $25 a month. I’m looking to continue Koodo service until at least the 2 year period (November 2024)

if I pay off the tab balance now, can i trade in the phone to the Apple Store? While still having the tab bonus being paid off by Koodo over the next year and a bit

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t even have to pay off the tab balance technically.

You only need to pay of the tab balance + bonus if you decide to upgrade or cancel early with Koodo. After that, they don’t care what you do with the phone.

You don’t even have to pay off the tab balance technically.

You only need to pay of the tab balance + bonus if you decide to upgrade or cancel early with Koodo. After that, they don’t care what you do with the phone.

So you’re saying I can trade in the phone to apple with an outstanding tab balance and tab bonus balance? And I would only have to pay it off if I cancel the plan? Just want to make sure I understand, thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cancel your Koodo line OR if you upgrade early with Koodo’s tab system.

If you are trading it in, and buying a phone outright/using apple’s financing system that isn’t associated with Koodo then you wouldn’t have to pay out your tab balance/bonus.

Cancel your Koodo line OR if you upgrade early with Koodo’s tab system.

If you are trading it in, and buying a phone outright/using apple’s financing system that isn’t associated with Koodo then you wouldn’t have to pay out your tab balance/bonus.

Awesome! That answers my question, thanks again!