Koodo Community
Solved

Surprise add on charge

• 13 April 2022
  • 6 replies

On my latest bill there an extra charge for an add on called 1000 min International LD. The thing is I have had add on for a year and a half and they never charged anything. It was free all along and now out of nowhere they are charging me for it. I have 2 numbers with them both have this add on but they are charging me for one of them. Why would they charge me if it was free all along?

icon

Best answer by Goran 13 April 2022, 15:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On my latest bill there an extra charge for an add on called 1000 min International LD. The thing is I have had add on for a year and a half and they never charged anything. It was free all along and now out of nowhere they are charging me for it. I have 2 numbers with them both have this add on but they are charging me for one of them. Why would they charge me if it was free all along?

Did you check your previous bills to see the fine print at the end of the last page? You may have seen the following notice:

Update to your 1000 International Long Distance Minutes feature.

Update to your 1000 International Long Distance Minutes feature. Starting in March 2022, your feature rate will increase from $0 to $3. In accordance with the service terms, you accept the change by continuing to use the service. If you do not agree with this change, you may cancel your feature without penalty within 30 days of the effective date of the change.

If you do not want to continue using the add-on, you can remove it from your Self-Serve account. 

Did you check your previous bills to see the fine print at the end of the last page? You may have seen the following notice:

Update to your 1000 International Long Distance Minutes feature.

Update to your 1000 International Long Distance Minutes feature. Starting in March 2022, your feature rate will increase from $0 to $3. In accordance with the service terms, you accept the change by continuing to use the service. If you do not agree with this change, you may cancel your feature without penalty within 30 days of the effective date of the change.

If you do not want to continue using the add-on, you can remove it from your Self-Serve account. 

Hi,

I just checked my previous bill and it doesn't say anywhere that I was going to be charged for the add on. In addition, I have this add on for two accounts opened at the same time, but I was only charged in one them which doesn't make sense to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It may have been missed. Did you check the bill previous that one as well? I guess the other line was missed for having the charge changed.

I have checked my 3 previous bills and there were no notification. They can't just charge me without any notification can they. If I call the customer service will I be charged for this since I know that there are fees when you call customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is correct. They cannot charge you without any notifications. I'll flag a Rep to assist. They should be able to confirm whether or not you got a notification, and which bill it should be on, if you got it.

You will not be charged for this, as the charges are only for doing something for you that you could have done yourself on self-serve. You cannot dispute a bill on self - serve, so you won't be charged. If the Rep cannot help you here, they'll suggest requesting a callback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tharshi 

Increase has been announced on February bill, however, it looks like it was delayed to April bill instead of March bill as stated on the February bill, page 13.

Plan or features increases are typically announced at least 30 days before effective date, and notice may be via email, bill message or text message, more on service terms, you can find here: https://www.koodomobile.com/service-terms

Even after the increase, the feature still gives a better value than the in market long distance add ons: https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons