Koodo Community
Solved

Service charge for long distance ?

• 23 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi I was charged for long distance phone conversations  in december when I did not answer the phone calls that I received from the US. Why am I being charged and can I get this charge cancelled?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 24 January 2022, 16:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi I was charged for long distance phone conversations  in december when I did not answer the phone calls that I received from the US. Why am I being charged and can I get this charge cancelled?

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the charges on your bill, so we can better assist you? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure. 

Can you confirm if they were incoming calls? Even if you picked them up, you should not be charged, assuming you were in Canada. In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have?  Dies your plan includes limited minutes? And you went over?

What I don't understand is that you get charged for Dec 18th, 11:04 and 11:05 twice like back to back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@isaac024  Thanks for sharing the info, we have verified in your account and on your bill, the calls that you are mentioning are not incoming calls, they were outgoing calls placed from your device. Incoming long distance calls are never charged as long as you are in Canada and you have an unlimited plan. No matter where the call is coming from. Even if you didn’t have an unlimited plan, you would only be charged for your minutes if you went over your allotment, but not for long distance itself.  Hope this helps. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@isaac024  Thanks for sharing the info, we have verified in your account and on your bill, the calls that you are mentioning are not incoming calls, they were outgoing calls placed from your device.  

@Attila Koodo 

You mention that they were outgoing calls.

What curious about those calls are... It means OP made call on 11:04, and hung up. Then called same number at 12:05 twice.  

It may possible- just speed dual and hung up and call back, hung up, and call back... but...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fair point @Mayumi , in this case the number called was something that looks like a call center, but its  a prerecorded message that hangs up. So that would explain why the number was called more than once, back to back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fair point @Mayumi , in this case the number called was something that looks like a call center, but its  a prerecorded message that hangs up. So that would explain why the number was called more than once, back to back. 

I see. Thank you Attila.

I thought OP called their friends or family members. In that case, OP should remember those calls.

If it's a call center, it's understandable.

aah I looked it up and it was an outgoing call that i made to a help line that I thought was in Canada. my bad, thanks for the help everyone