Koodo Community
Question

Roaming in Mexico

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m traveling to Mexico tomorrow and only want to use Koodo roaming til I get a local SIM card, i.e. within the first 24-48 hours in country.  Once I start roaming is the initial daily charge ($16, I believe) for: a) the first 24 hours (e.g. 3 PM to 3 PM)  or,  b) til midnight of the day I start roaming (e.g. 3 PM to midnight)? Thx.  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

the answer is option B, you will have access to your Koodo services until 11:59pm in the time zone you’re in. When you ping off of a tower there, you will be notified by Koodo that if you use their service (via a text message call or data), you will be charged the roaming fee for that day. Make sure you get a local sim quickly as the fees add up, I hope this helps 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you only need to roaming for a very short period of time and you wont be using your phone much (like only sending 1 text message, you may consider removing Easy roam and use Pay per use roaming.  Just make sure data roaming and data are turned off to prevent any data leakage and roaming data shock as that can get expensive very quickly

Thanks kindly for the helpful comments. Much appreciated!