Koodo Community
Question

Refund Overdue

• 19 March 2023
  • 7 replies

I cancelled my service on January 18th 2023. There is a credit balance of $51.80 on my account. I am still waiting for my refund - two months later. Please process the refund as soon as possible.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here’s an excerpt from Koodo’s “After you cancel” help page.

• Receiving a credit after cancelling your Koodo services: Any amount above $5 remaining on your account for unused days will automatically be refunded to you through your pre-authorized payment method in 3-5 business days. If you haven’t enabled pre-authorized payments, you’ll receive the refund by cheque, which can take 30-60 days. Heads up! Please make sure the contact information and pre-authorized payment method we have on file for you is up to date.

Your Koodo bill after you cancel

This is not true. I spoke to an agent today who told me the refund will be processed in 30-60 days from the second billing cycle after cancellation. That means the refund will not be paid for about 120 days after cancellation.

It’s not right - but it is what it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is not true. I spoke to an agent today who told me the refund will be processed in 30-60 days from the second billing cycle after cancellation. That means the refund will not be paid for about 120 days after cancellation.

It’s not right - but it is what it is.

Have you logged in to your Self-Serve portal to see whether the credit is showing up on your account? Did you receive your final bill?

Yes - the credit shows clearly on my Self-Serve portal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes - the credit shows clearly on my Self-Serve portal.

Great, you should receive it soon. If you do not get it by next week, you can reply in this post and we can flag a rep to look into it. 

Thanks for your input @MilkyWay - my refund cheque has arrived; for the record it was 63 days from the date of me cancelling the service. Clearly the agent I spoke to was misinformed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It remains that the typical time is 6-8 weeks. It is unfortunate that sometimes people are misinformed. Glad you got it.