Koodo Community
Question

refund

• 20 February 2024
  • 6 replies

My account number is **98 and I switched to another carrier during the Christmas 2023, why I haven’t received my refund for the overpaid amount? 

Thanks,

Yang

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“If you've cancelled your account and a refund is owed, a cheque will be mailed following your final invoice and will arrive within 6 weeks.

If you had pre-authorized credit card payments set up on your account or pre-authorized debit through your checking account, you'll receive your refund back to your credit card (excluding Visa Debit) or checking account respectively in 5-7 business day after your final bill is out.

Please note that for refunds that are less than $5 or more than $5000 you will need the help of a rep.”

So, to ask:
1. Was your refund owed less than $5 or more than $5000?
2. When was your final invoice received? (If you cancelled around christmas time your final invoice would be sometime in January meaning you may still be within the 6 week period if you didn’t have pre-authorized payments enabled)
3. Was the address on your account valid and up to date?

My refund owed is around $31, I am living in the same address. I used credit card to pay my statements. But I removed my credit card after I switch to another carrier. I was out of town in last two weeks. I will check if there is any letters from Koodo in my mail box this evening. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @YangLi 

You should be able to see in self serve if the refund has been initiated.

If the $31 amount no longer shows up in self serve, that means the refund has been processed and you should receive the refund by cheque.

my account balance is $0 now. However I didn’t receive any refund in cheque or in my credit card. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you removed your credit card you will receive a cheque

I received the cheque today. Thanks guys for your help.