Koodo Community
Solved

Why was my line suspended while roaming? What is the spending limit?

• 25 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Koodo Community,
I am travelling and I must have maxed out my phone credit with roaming fees, and it seems Koodo disconnected me. I did see notifications a couple of days ago that I needed to make a payment.

I don’t think I missed a billing cycle, as it says next payment April 11. So it looks like I just presuming I’ve just maxed out my “Koodo credit limit”.

I made a payment now of $80, and am hoping that will reactive things. But after a day the account is just sitting there – it doesn’t say it’s inactive anymore – it just says I need to pay the remaining $100 by Apr.11, my original billing date.

My question to the community is – does anyone know what I have to do to reactivate now – do I have to pay everything off completely, early? Or just get it paid down further? 

Also, if anyone knows how long reactivation takes...

Thank you!

Tyler

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 25 March 2023, 22:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like you may have reached the cap for Easy Roam depending on which country you’re in, though I don’t think this would terminate your phone service.

“For U.S. destinations, the $14/day fee is capped at a cost of $280 within a bill cycle. For international destinations, the $16/fee is capped at a cost of $320 within a bill cycle.”

Have you missed any bill payments prior to April 11?

To view your payment history, first log in to Self Serve. From the Self Serve dropdown menu, select Billing, then select Account history.

Payment options for overdue fees

I believe you would have to pay the full amount owed.

“Once we’ve received your payment arrangement online, we’ll restore your service quickly (typically within an hour). Make sure you turn your phone off and on again to reactivate your service. A reconnection fee of $50 will be applied to your next bill.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that "  I just presuming I’ve just maxed out my “Koodo credit limit”."

Do you mean by are you on the spending limit plan? If so, you needed to pay the amount that went over the limit even before the billing cycle.  If they disconnected, then I believe you might need to pay whole amount and reconnection fee. 

Since you are outside of Canada, you can send them a message through FB or Twitter to ask them make some kind of arrangement...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tylerh33 

If you are on a spending limit program, the full amount due should be paid in order to restore the services. It may take up to 24 hours for the servces to be restore, please check this article for more details https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/spending-limit-program 

As @Mayumi mentione, a reconnection fee will apply on the next bill when services get suspended due to reaching the spending limit.