Koodo Community
Question

“promotion” fixed price?

• 24 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I just signed up for the $20 off a $65 plan, making it $45 plus tax. The wording is frustrating me to the point I don’t know if the $45 will now be my fixed price, or it only lasts for a couple months then bumps up to $65. If it is not ongoing I will cancel. Any clarification would help.  Thank you.

Koodo Internet    
*Unlimited Internet Usage $65.0  
*Includes Boost Wi-Fi 6 Router (rental) $0.00  
*Includes Modem (rental) $0.00  
*Includes Modem - Self-Install Kit (rental) $0.00  
*Mobile & Home - $20 Off Koodo Internet (Ongoing)    -$20.00
Total Internet Regular Price (after all promotions expire)  $65.0  
Total Internet Promotional Price (when all promotions effective)  $45.00  
Total Monthly Regular Price (after all promotions expire) $65.0  
Total Monthly Promotional Price (when all promotions effective) $45.00

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is an " Internet plan", not for mobil.

If you tap on the " 1", it will show you small print which says" A $20/month discount will be applied to the Koodo Internet bill for as long as the eligibility requirements are met."

Ya, I saw that. I have a phone plan with Koodo as well. So, basically unless I change my phone provider at some point the $20 discount will be applied? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ya, I saw that. I have a phone plan with Koodo as well. So, basically unless I change my phone provider at some point the $20 discount will be applied? 

That how I read it. It didn't say " for xx month." :)

I assume my “eligibility requirements” have been met or I would not have been able to get the plan for the $45 a month. I don’t think there’s anything I’ve missed but I just want to make sure I don’t get screwed over. Will it remain at $45 a month unless I change my mobile provider? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I assume my “eligibility requirements” have been met or I would not have been able to get the plan for the $45 a month. I don’t think there’s anything I’ve missed but I just want to make sure I don’t get screwed over. Will it remain at $45 a month unless I change my mobile provider? 

So the eligibility requirements is to be an existing Koodo mobility member and “linking it” with your Internet account. Which you did. So it will remain for now as that is the “criteria” that they talk about. You’re correct though, if you switch mobile providers you will no longer meet this criteria and will no longer save money, the discount will go away. Similar to other companies though, there is a reason there is no specific end date to this promotion as that way the company can actually change its value at any time or it’s run period. So say it’s good for now but 3 years down the line they decide to increase the discount or lower it, they can. So for now reap the rewards! No one knows what will happen in the future, but for now if you stick with Koodo you will have your discount 🙂👍

Thank you.