Skip to main content

Hello,

I want to speak with an agent of Koodo, since I am being overcharged for easy roaming for 2 consecutives months.

I am currently outside Canada but I am not texting/calling etc…

I just don't understand why am I being charged for, can someone please explain and help me?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind regards

P

More than likely there are small amounts of data leakage from the phone triggering easy roam charges. I would recommend going into the phone settings and turning off cellular data entirely while you are abroad.

Do you have data roaming turned off? What about cellular data, was it on? If you haven’t used your phone, Koodo will credit you these amount. I have flagged a rep for you.

More than likely there are small amounts of data leakage from the phone triggering easy roam charges. I would recommend going into the phone settings and turning off cellular data entirely while you are abroad.

Thanks for your reply and please note that I have turn off the data roaming off.

I just hope that Koodo can give an explanation mostly that for my last bill, I was billed 112$ for data roaming. Total paid for my phone bill and data roaming is 173$.

I am very mad about it.

Do you have data roaming turned off? What about cellular data, was it on? If you haven’t used your phone, Koodo will credit you these amount. I have flagged a rep for you.

Thanks for your promp response and advise. Please note that I turn off the data roaming. The mobile data is still on but I didn't text or call anyone.

I don't understand how come I am being overcharged for it. 

Thanks for flagging a rep and I just hope they can give me a better explanation and also will solve this problem ASAP. Since I am very mad about it.

Thanks once again for your kind cooperation.

Kind regards,

P

Hi @Priapp77 

It seems that on  the last bill roaming charges were incurred for voicemail retrieval.

When roaming, any usage made including calls to voicemail, will use the roaming network, which will trigger the Easy Roam charges or the pay per use rates (if Easy Roam no t active). Only incoming text messages are free of charge in roaming.

Please find in the article here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=easy%20roam - > FAQ section more tips to avoid roaming usage.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Priapp77 

It seems that on  the last bill roaming charges were incurred for voicemail retrieval.

When roaming, any usage made including calls to voicemail, will use the roaming network, which will trigger the Easy Roam charges or the pay per use rates (if Easy Roam no t active). Only incoming text messages are free of charge in roaming.

Please find in the article here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=easy%20roam - > FAQ section more tips to avoid roaming usage.

I hope this helps.

Wish I was informed about it before.

But I didn't use this much voice mail and I am curious about the amount I paid mostly the last bill 112$ for roaming. Sincerely it is really a bad experience with Koodo.

Can you please ensure that the easy roaming is now cancel? Since I don't want to have a bad surprise again.

I will think about cancelling my subscription and will confirm it with you in order for you to process same.

Are you aware of how easy roam works?

Did you read the link with the explanation above?

Also did you login to self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill to understand the charges for each instance of easy roam With your actual usage? 

Are you aware of how easy roam works?

Did you read the link with the explanation above?

Also did you login to self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill to understand the charges for each instance of easy roam With your actual usage? 

Yes I went through it and that I removed the add-ons for Easy Roaming but I am not so sure if that works and I am afraid that I will he charged 

Yes I am already log in to self serve and I also received the pdf ebill. That's why I enquired about the excessive amount on my bill since I didn't use the voice mail so much as it is being mentionned.

Also everytime I put my password (which is 100% correct) it says that my password is incorrect.

Then I stopped using it after a long time but I don't understand how is it possible that I am being billed excessively and for 2 consecutives months.

To be noted that on Monday, I received an sms stating that someone is using Easy roaming and I can confirm that I am not using it at all.

So how come? Everytime and every month I will be charged for? It is the first 2 month of my subscription and I am really disappointed with this service.

I’ve accidentaly tapped teh new voicemail notification without easy romaing on while traveling. That split second before I could cancel the call cost 2 dollars. If you do voicemail on a pay-per-use basis, you’d find it likely would have cost the same or maybe a little less. You could certainly try speaking with a rep to request a reduced charge if that was the entirety of your usage, but that remains the norm for any carrier that has their version of “easy roam.” If you don’t want to be able to connect at all, you’d hav to remove the add-ons in self-serve, or you can keep your phone in airplane mode but turn on wifi while in airplane mode, or take out your sim card.

If you feel you must go with any other carrier, just be aware that this will be the same with them as well.

I’ve accidentaly tapped teh new voicemail notification without easy romaing on while traveling. That split second before I could cancel the call cost 2 dollars. If you do voicemail on a pay-per-use basis, you’d find it likely would have cost the same or maybe a little less. You could certainly try speaking with a rep to request a reduced charge if that was the entirety of your usage, but that remains the norm for any carrier that has their version of “easy roam.” If you don’t want to be able to connect at all, you’d hav to remove the add-ons in self-serve, or you can keep your phone in airplane mode but turn on wifi while in airplane mode, or take out your sim card.

If you feel you must go with any other carrier, just be aware that this will be the same with them as well.

As I mentioned, lately I have not been using the voice mail neither accidentally nor deliberately. I neither made call or send sms. So it is weird that I being billed for voice mail and for so many times. 

For your kind information I have been with other carrier before Koodo but it is the first time I am having a bad experience with Easy Roaming.

How do you explain that though I removed the add-ons and I didn't use voicemail neither accidentally nor deliberately. I received an sms on Monday that someone using Easy Roaming???

If you didn't make/answer a call and you didn't send a text, then the only other thing that can trigger is data.

To help narrow things done, is there a specific date or 2  that you were charged easy roam that we can get a rep to dig a lot further into? 

Note that if you call your voicemail anf attempt to login and your login fails, and then you hang up, that is considered a completed call and will trigger a start of a roaming charge 

​​​​​

Hi @Priapp77 

Could you please share a screenshot of the roaming notification that you got? (Please hide any personal info if visible in the screenshot)

The first part of the message...the second will follow

I hope the pictures are clear and I will get an explanation

Thanks @Priapp77 

The roaming notification is automatically sent if roaming services (pay per use international roaming add ons) are provisioned to your line.

If Easy Roam is removed, the phone still can be used in roaming when the pay per use international roaming add ons are active on your line: International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming. (The pay per use international roaming add ons are current active on your line)

The international roaming add ons mentioned above would allow roaming on your phone if they are active, when you travel outside of Canada and US (they are not needed when traveling to US, the phone will be able to pick a US tower, since the country code is the same)

If they are removed under Mobile services - Add ons, your phone will not be able to connect to a network outside of Canada and US.

Thanks @Flo Koodo for your kind response.

Unfortunately I don't understand how come I am paying so much for roaming and in relation to voicemail. 

I have last use the voicemail some days before mid-march but why on my bill I can see until 22nd of March?

I didn't use my phone to make international calls or send sms. Also for the voicemail, I didn't use it from approx. 6th of March.

I really hope that my next bill will not be overcharged like the past two consecutives ones.

Thanking you in anticipation and kind regards.

Priapp

You are welcome, @Priapp77 

The Easy Roam daily fee automatically triggers regardless of how much usage is made within next 24 hours. If only one VM message is listened to within 24 hours, the daily Easy Roam fee will still apply as per current Easy Roam rates.

Definitely, if, for example, there is only 1 minute call/ or 1 VM message used per day, pay per use rates should be preferred (if total daily charge doesn’t exceed the Easy Roam daily rates).

If the usage that appears on the bill doesn’t match with the usage reflected on your phone or the one that you know it was made, we’d suggest to schedule a call back with our technical department: https://koo.do/Chat , as they’d be able to use advanced tools to the check the usage details. 

Regards,

Flo