Koodo Community
Question

Negative Balance keeps increasing?

Hi, I’ve recently received that my balance for my Kodo bill was negative last month. Yet according to my bank statement, I’ve paid it. This month the negative balance increased? I’m confused is Kodo taking my money twice?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you saw the negative amount in the billing area, you actually got some credit (you overpaid in the past). Could you download your lastest pdf bill and check the page 3 of it and see what happened? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Matthew123  Essentially, you have been overpaying your account. When you see a negative sign in front of the amount  “ - 120 “ it means you have a credit on your account.  The good news is, that you won’t have to pay your account for a long time, as you have quite substantial credit on it. 

Hope this helped,

Cheers

Ok, that’s good but how do I stop that? So it doesn’t keep overpaying?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Matthew123 , We looked at your payment history, you are making manual electronic payments, sometimes multiple times a month (2 or 3)  Essentially, you only pay once a month before the due date mentioned on your bill.. But in your case, all you have to do is stop paying until you no longer see a negative sign in front of the amount due. 

So just cancel my payments? And it will take the leftover credit until it’s gone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have your bank or credit card making automatic payments, yes you'd cancel that for the time being. And it'll use your credit against bills until its zeroed

ok thank u 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don’t forget that when you re-activate it, you would need to make your first payment as it doesn’t take it automatically