Koodo Community

koodo payment

I paid my bill this past friday, july 1st , and still on july 4th, they didnt take my payement yet, and it was due on the 4th and we are now the 5th. I hope i dont get overcharged for something i didnt do. I did my part , please koodo, do yours. 

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It takes approximately three business days for payments made via online banking to post to koodo's system. Since Friday was a Stat holiday, it's been less than one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Vimail16 The last payment we received was in May. As per @Timo Tuokkola above banks do take time to transfer the funds to us and considering it was the long weekend it is possible the transfer doesn’t arrive until today or tomorrow. 

@Vimail16 ,@Bernard Koodo 

I am in the same exact situation as @Vimail16, since you wrote “considering it was the long weekend it is possible the transfer doesn’t arrive until today or tomorrow.” what is the implication of that on ‘us’?

Does it mean we will be charged for late payment?

Thank you @Timo Tuokkola for the explanation too 

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ade O. You are correct. If Koodo doesn’t receive the funds by the date on your invoice late payment charges kick in. This is not a Koodo specific policy just about all business operate that way.  That said I see that you made payments with a credit card on the Koodo site in the past.  Those payment show up immediately.  The due date for your last bill was July 4th. 

Sure and this was paid with credit card too… what could be the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ade O.  @Vimail16, Here is a great article explaining how payments work. This is just a top-up on the already great explanations from @Bernard Koodo  and @Timo Tuokkola 

i actually paid with the Debit card on the 3rd and its posted on my account on 4th as posted. 

what step(s) do i need to take to separate the billings on my account to the two accounts/numbers? thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ade O.  Best to make payments on the Koodo site or several days ahead (min 5) if bank feels a better option. . Your payment posted on your banks side but has not reached us yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i actually paid with the Debit card on the 3rd and its posted on my account on 4th as posted. 

what step(s) do i need to take to separate the billings on my account to the two accounts/numbers? thank you

If you have multiple lines on your account the payment cannot be separated by line. A payment is applied to the account as a whole. The only way to separate it is to pull the line out as a separate account.