Koodo Community
Question

KOODO AIRTIME CHARGES without invoice.

• 22 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,
I’ve been charged KOODO AIRTIME fees on my credit card even though I have Canada Unlimited and I can’t find this charge in the self service. It’s as if Koodo charged me without any trace of it on my account. 
Anybody can guide me on how to proceed with this?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Fredasd You are set up for pre-authorized payment methods for your Koodo account. Is that what you mean? 

I am set up for pre-authorized payments, yes, but I got charged $140 on top of my monthly fee of $45. I don’t understand this charge and I can’t find any explanation for it in my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Fredasd Hmmmm…..we don’t see anything on our end that would match that amount at all. Have you reached out to your bank ask them to give you more detail about the charge?  

The amount is not actually 140.
Here are the details from my bank:
Feb 23 /  AIRTIME SCARBOROUGH ON / 172.56

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The amount is not actually 140.
Here are the details from my bank:
Feb 23 /  AIRTIME SCARBOROUGH ON / 172.56

That does not say Koodo.  Is Koodo’s name tied to it at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That looks more like someone stole your credit card information and used it to pay for prepaid phone service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So this is interesting. I see various popups when searching for it. I also see this here:

Random charge on an unlinked credit card | Koodo Community (koodomobile.com)

It’s quite possible as Timo said that it’s stolen card info

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you haven’t already done so, contact your credit card issuer, explain what has happened and report the card as compromised. You can also report this incident to the CAFC.

Credit Card Fraud & Report fraud and cyber crime