Koodo Community
Solved

I Can't Make a Credit Card Payment/Does the Name on the Credit Card Have to Match Exactly with that of My Koodo Account?

• 6 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I just switched to Koodo and I tried to pay my bills for the first time. But it didn’t allow me to despite several attempts. The only possibilities I could think about is: 

(1) There is a slight difference between my name on my driver’s license (the name of Koodo’s file) and that of my credit card. There is an extra space on my official name. 

(2) My father offered to pay my phone bills, which would clearly be done with a credit card under his name. 

Would these two scenarios cause any problems? If so, how do I resolve this? 

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 6 December 2021, 14:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The first issue certainly is a possibility. I can flag a Rep to look into it to see if thats the issue.

It might? One other option is to pay via online banking. The best way is to try, and if it won't work, you'd need to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it registered if needed.

How about my father paying my bill with his card? Does Koodo allow someone else to pay for a customer’s balance? That’s been how it was done with the old carrier. Not only me, I managed to get another family member of mine to switch as well, and my father has been paying all of our phone bills so if it is not allowed it’s gonna be a problem for us. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd try it and see if it works. I imagine it would. It's just the FAQ says that it's supposed to match the account info. Let us know if it doesn't. I believe that it can be registered and he also has the option to add the accounts as payees on his online banking to pay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@JCask - Hey there! I looked up your account and can see the 3 payment attempts. You’re spot on with the reason for it not working.  Our system runs verifications while processing payments. Credit card payments are declined if the name and address on the card don’t match that of the account.

Good news! This can easily be rectified by having one of our reps register the credit card to your account. Do to privacy measures this needs to be done over the phone by scheduling a callback with Koodo Assist. Typing something like “Credit card payment” should get you to where you need to be :)