Koodo Community
Question

How to switch from Koodo prepaid to Koodo postpaid? Is it true that I need to order a new SIM card again and transfer my number?

• 16 November 2023
  • 1 reply

How to switch from Koodo prepaid to Koodo postpaid? Is it true that I need to order a new SIM card again and transfer my number?

This is the most terrible service I have ever encountered. I arrived in Alberta and didn't have a credit card to buy postpaid  sim card. The store advised me to take a prepaid SIM card, but they themselves activated it 3 days earlier than I needed.  And over time, switch to postpayment. Now I saw a good price for postpaid, prepared for Black Friday. And lo and behold! There is no magic transition button. Do I need to order a SIM card again, wait a week for it, then transfer the number, fill out some forms again? Are you kidding me?

Are we flying into space or are we just changing our tariff plan? And your telephone consultants, who don’t even know how to do this: I was advised to add postpaid to my cart and just pay. And this way I can do everything right away. But no, I can only switch from prepayment to prepayment. How can your employees not know this? There is no button in your personal account to “switch from prepayment to postpayment”. NO THIS BUTTON

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid and postpaid are basically two different services. So yes, it’s almost as if you are moving to another company - you will need to pass the credit check, purchase a plan and a SIM will be shipped to you if you sign up online. Then you will need to port your number across, just like when you switch companies.