Koodo Community
Question

How to contact billing over the phone?

• 2 September 2023
  • 7 replies

My SIM card is not activated and I got charges for activation fee which should not be there as well as fees are way too much which I was initially promised. I already hate the experience and if this continues this way then I might switch back to old provider. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will need to schedule a callback through the automated assistant. That said, what fee reductions were promised?

No activation fee and my monthly bill should be less than 40, but it came as 112. I have not even used the service yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No activation fee and my monthly bill should be less than 40, but it came as 112. I have not even used the service yet. 

Who told you that there is no activation fee? Did you buy a SIM at a store or through phone call?

And what do you mean by " My SIM card is not activated"?  When did you receive your SIM? 

Who told you that there is no activation fee?

• ​​​​​​​Koodo rep over the phone offered me to switch from Public Mobile to Koodo for better price and no activation fee.

Did you buy a SIM at a store or through phone call?

• No it was mailed to me. 

And what do you mean by " My SIM card is not activated"? 

• My account from Public Mobile was not transferred and I have not even placed SIM into my phone. I am still using Public Mobile.

When did you receive your SIM? 

• Almost 3 weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, if it was the phone offer, they should have record of conversation or deals on your account.

And, you received your SIM almost 3 weeks ago. It means you could start to use your Koodo service already. They sent you a SIM which is activated for new customer and all you need is pop in the SIM to start using service. They start charge you as soon as the SIM is shipped. This info should be in your agreement email.

Porting process can be done through self serve by you. Some people start porting as soon as they receive the SIM, some people may change their mind to porting the number.  But, either way Koodo has right to start charging you after you received the SIM. 

For your charge, it should including the partial charge( your order/ shipped date to the end of the Billing cycle) + 1 month in advance.  Can you please log in to your self serve and check the details of the charges.

The problem is that I can not access my account. That was my main reason to speak to someone who could help me with the bill details as well as account transfer. I am keeping the same phone number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem is that I can not access my account. That was my main reason to speak to someone who could help me with the bill details as well as account transfer. I am keeping the same phone number. 

What error message do you get? Can you post a screenshot of error message when you try to access your self serve? 

So, they can take a look your account.