Koodo Community
Question

how to cancel my device protection plan

• 3 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I’m getting charged for a device protection plan though my banking app, but it doesn’t show on my Koodo account that I pay for it! How would I contact Koodo to help me with that. I do not want the plan because they have been charging me more and more money for it. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Keely 

We were unable to find an active device care protection based on your account details.

Just to confirm, did you activate Device care in store when you purchased the phone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What name does the charge show up as in your banking app?

Hi @Keely 

We were unable to find an active device care protection based on your account details.

Just to confirm, did you activate Device care in store when you purchased the phone? 

yes I did when I bought the phone, the charge on my bank account come from Toronto for $22.98 and it said’s beside it device protection comes out every month. 

What name does the charge show up as in your banking app?

opos device protection plan Toronto 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo’s old protection plan was $9/m, their new one is $15/m, and AppleCare that they offer is anywhere from $9 to $17/m and they all get charged to your bill, not separately from your phone.

Where did you buy your phone at? It sounds like it was a protection plan purchased through the retailer/dealer you got it from. Or it’s device protection for some other device you have purchased.

Koodo’s old protection plan was $9/m, their new one is $15/m, and AppleCare that they offer is anywhere from $9 to $17/m and they all get charged to your bill, not separately from your phone.

Where did you buy your phone at? It sounds like it was a protection plan purchased through the retailer/dealer you got it from. Or it’s device protection for some other device you have purchased.

I brought it through the sales rep at super store here. I will have to go in and ask them to check It out for me. I never purchased any other device protection from any companies sadly, I don’t know why it just keeps coming out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If you got your phone set The Mobile Shop (inside Real Canadian Superstore), their Device Protection Plan is through a company called Likewize (formerly Brightstar). To cancel your device protection, call 1-844-225-6333