Koodo Community
Question

ER\VC charges with airplane mode!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I am aware of how to do all this now. My comment is simply that the carrier (Koodo) needs to let the customer know about how to deal with roaming on planes, near border towns and also ESims which do not always accurately swtich especially when you have an ESIM from a US carrier and an ESIM from a Canadian one. iphones now can carry 8 SIMS. Carriers have not provided adequate information on how to fully support all aspects of roaming in-country, near borders and outside of them. Then there is satellite….

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes this poses an interesting issue. Koodo recently introduced a small data buffer (very small, but one nonetheless) as apparently ti’s unavoidable that some lines use some data, even if data roaming is selected as off. But some people still end up over this. The solution can involve taking out the sim card or airplane mode, but you cannot “remove” an esim without issues in  re-registering it to your phone. Especially Koodo, which currently only allows you to get an esim by going to a store to print out a QR code voucher to scan,  for 10-20 dollars a pop. It is really in need of updating. I’l propose some potential solutions to the reps here and see what goes forward and what  gets actioned….in time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you. I am aware of how to do all this now. My comment is simply that the carrier (Koodo) needs to let the customer know about how to deal with roaming on planes, near border towns and also ESims which do not always accurately swtich especially when you have an ESIM from a US carrier and an ESIM from a Canadian one. iphones now can carry 8 SIMS. Carriers have not provided adequate information on how to fully support all aspects of roaming in-country, near borders and outside of them. Then there is satellite….

You mean like this…