Koodo Community
Solved

Easy Roam - Can Koodo unilaterally change my rate?

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I had Easy Roam from a few years back and my rate was always $9/day and was still charged $9/day until March 2022 and then in my April bill the charge changed to $11/day but I was told by a Koodo rep that the rate wouldn’t change if I don’t make any changes to my account. That’s why I never took advantage of the $60/month promo. Is this something that Koodo can unilaterally change without any notice? I wouldn’t know if I didn’t check my bill for other charges. 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 14 April 2022, 00:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the same question. My contracts state $9 per day. Just saw its now at $11. Who the heck reads the small print at the very bottom of the bills? Just because it is on the bill doesn't mean that it is not against the contract

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They are able to change the price as long as 30 days notice is given: 
https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm
“2. Changes to other contract terms and conditions or related documents

1. If, during the commitment period, a service provider wishes to change other contract terms and conditions or the related documents, it must provide the account holder with at least 30 calendar days’ notice before making such changes.
  2. This notice must explain the change and when it will take effect.”

Yeah but is notice on their website enough? Because I saw that promotion and new rate of $11 and specifically called Koodo to ask if my current rate of $9 would continue and they said yes. So I don’t understand how they can go and charge $11 now