Koodo Community
Question

Easy Roam billing while in Northern Ontario!

• 28 September 2023
  • 4 replies

On Sept 6 while driving NorrhWest out Of Sault Ste.Marie Ontario towards Thunder Bay I was billed $10 for easy roam between 8:09-8:10 a.m.

Interestingly the very next minute zero!

On top of that, I was driving, my phone was not in use for anything but somehow was using data?

Trying to get a live person with Koodo is IMPOSSIBLE, customer service is the worst I have experienced.

Signed,

Unhappy, long standing Koodo customer 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It looks like a rep assisted you as per the other thread. It may well have been a delay in reporting the roaming, as I’m quite sure once you’re any distance from the border, that you’d not be connecting to any American networks. 

You can indeed only schedule a callback to speak to someone “realtime,” as it were. Otherwise you can get assistance here like you just did. Please don’t hesitate to reach out here again, and worst case, you will get directed to request a callback, if needed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you near the border at any time during your road trip? 

I was not. I was on the opposite side of Lake Superior.

It looks like a rep assisted you as per the other thread. It may well have been a delay in reporting the roaming, as I’m quite sure once you’re any distance from the border, that you’d not be connecting to any American networks. 

You can indeed only schedule a callback to speak to someone “realtime,” as it were. Otherwise you can get assistance here like you just did. Please don’t hesitate to reach out here again, and worst case, you will get directed to request a callback, if needed. 

Unfortunately, when Koodo calls back there isn’t even a number that shows in “recent” calls, and my phone did not ring.

Customers should not have to go through all those steps to reach a live person.