Koodo Community
Solved

Data and SmS charge with Shock-Free Data

• 17 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I have the Shock-Free Data plan on my phone but I was charged $0.30 on my last bill with an exclamation point.  

Can someone tell me how one gets this extra charge when I am expecting the data to be paused once the limit is reached, $0.30 is nothing this time but don’t want a shock in the future (as of many other horror stories I’ve heard).

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 18 March 2022, 13:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you see the details of the charge when you download the detailed pdf ebill when you login to self serve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the Shock-Free Data plan on my phone but I was charged $0.30 on my last bill with an exclamation point.  

Can someone tell me how one gets this extra charge when I am expecting the data to be paused once the limit is reached, $0.30 is nothing this time but don’t want a shock in the future (as of many other horror stories I’ve heard).

Did you recently change your plan? The data may have been prorated and you used over the limit from date of the plan change to the next billing cycle. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SedorFam If you open your PDF bill you will find the line (ending with 77) had a picture message sent but the plan they are on only include text messages: