Koodo Community
Question

cancelling plan on behalf of father

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to find out how to cancel my fathers plan; he has had a stroke in BC, and no longer has capacity; however I am in the UK. The only details I have are his phone number. The automated self service is of zero use, since a call back only occurs to either his number, or to a “non international number”. The Koodoo site is not forthcoming in terms of contact options; I found a number, called from the UK, then after pressing series of options was told to choose the call back option on self service, at which point the call disconnected!I would welcome any suggestions! Whilst I am more than happy to pay my Dad’s outstanding bill, I also need to cancel his contract, and draw a line under this.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m very sorry to hear about your dad’s condition. To contact Koodo from abroad, it’s probably best to use Facebook or Twitter private messenger. They might want to verify that you are authorized to act on his behalf, but I’m sure they will be able to talk you through the process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am trying to find out how to cancel my fathers plan; he has had a stroke in BC, and no longer has capacity; however I am in the UK. The only details I have are his phone number. The automated self service is of zero use, since a call back only occurs to either his number, or to a “non international number”. The Koodoo site is not forthcoming in terms of contact options; I found a number, called from the UK, then after pressing series of options was told to choose the call back option on self service, at which point the call disconnected!I would welcome any suggestions! Whilst I am more than happy to pay my Dad’s outstanding bill, I also need to cancel his contract, and draw a line under this.

Since this is a more stringent process, you are likely required to schedule a callback on Koodo Assist.

To make this work, you can download an app that can make or receive calls from Canada, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo