Koodo Community
Question

Can't pay my bill through self-serve. Won't take my credit card

Trying to pay my bill through self-serve.

For some reason the process of paying through credit card won’t work.

I tried on separate occasions on separate days.  Same issue.

My card works fine on other purchases online.

Any idea on what gives?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you set up pre-authorized payment through Self Serve?

What kind of credit card are you using?

Putting your browser in incognito mode might work. You can also make payment by dialling 611 or through online banking.

I don’t use pre-authorized payment. I keep all my payments personal in case I have discrepencies.

VISA

I tried incognito, it doesn’t recoginize the website. I will try again.

I haven’t tried 611. Will give it a shot.

I go through credit cards for points. I choose not to go through online banking.

611 didn’t help. No option to pay, just told me to go to self-serve and told me my balance.  Also sent me to Koodo Assist which also hasn’t helped.

Tried incognito, same problem, says payment didn’t go through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the VISA an international credit card by chance?

Is the card pending expiration?

I don’t think the card is an International card. It can be used in internationally by big city merchants.

Its a RBC Avion, VISA intinite.

The card is set to expire this June.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you paid successfully with this card before? 

Has their been a recent address change? Does the address on the account match that on the credit card? 

Are you a recent Subscriber? 

This will be my first payment to koodo with this card.

I have payed many time with this card over the years. Recent purchases not days ago.

I was with koodo years ago. I cancelled when I went with a group payment plan with my work. That has since been cancelled and I signed up again a month ago.

I checked my address and the postal code was off. I changed to the correct one about an hour ago. Payments still have not been able to get through.

I’m not sure what subscription you are referring to. I tried to sign up and pay about 3-4 days ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m wondering if multiple payment attempts have temporarily blocked your ability to make a payment. Would you like us to flag a rep to look into this? If so, please ensure that you are using the same email address for Self Serve as here in the community. This allows the rep to access your account and send private messages if necessary.

I doubt multiple payments have blocked it. 

Please flag a rep. I’ve been wanting to talk to someone like that the whole time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I doubt multiple payments have blocked it. 

Please flag a rep. I’ve been wanting to talk to someone like that the whole time.

I have flagged a rep to look into this. A rep should respond at some point later today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kmitt I see you recently opened your account with us. Thank you for that! Any chance you could share a screenshot of the error message you are getting (minus any personal) as I don’t see anything on our end. What I do see that there was an address change done. For security purposes during the first couple of months of activation the address we captured at the time opening line has to match exactly to that of your credit card address. This may be the reason for the block. Again, if you could share the screenshot that would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may want to pay with your online banking for this first payment and then schedule a callback via Koodo assist to get your card registered (due to the address mismatch and change and Koodo’s fraud prevention).

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout