Koodo Community
Question

Billed for Easy Roam for automatic incoming roaming message

• 9 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I was billed for easyroam usage but the only use that I see on the bill that triggered it is the incoming txt message regarding roaming fees.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Incoming sms are always free. You should not be charged for such a sms. Are we able to see page 3 of your bill with personal info covered in order to look for something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So line number 19 seems to be what’s kicked in the easy roam charge, as it’s time stamped the same. Is this what you are saying is the Koodo automated message?

correct,

I have no call logs from Jan 24th

I was also charged for easy roam but did not add on this feature, nor did I receive a text/call from anyone in the US.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easy roam is triggered when you send a text, make or take a call, or celluar data is used. 

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

@Peter Hug @Chanelle please go into self serve and check your usage to see any of these usages during the time/day easy roam was triggered. Once you find this in your usage we will have a better idea what happened. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you automatically check your email or your provider pushes it to you, it can trigger data roaming. Best to turn mobile data off entirely and check things out when you have access to a free WIFI hotspot. You can always decide if you want to pick up a call and pay or just let it go to voicemail and your missed caller log. No so with data.