Koodo Community

Billed before activation

• 30 December 2022
  • 6 replies

I've been billed and I haven't even used the service yet.  This is ridiculous no other provider bills you until you activate the sim card.  They also billed me for selecting a perk.  It's literally illegal to bill someone before they activate the connection.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you sign up with Koodo? 

And when did you receive a SIM card?

I signed up on the 24th of December, I still haven't got my sim in the mail.  You can see on my account I haven't used the phone at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you receive an email about your SIM is shipped?

They usually starts charging after the shipping ( they are assuming customers receive a SIM next day?🤔). But in reality, you get it in few days - up to 10days.

I would contact them once you received SIM card and ask for refund. 

That's funny because I tried contacting Koodo at 12pm PST and the site said they were closed so I phoned Telus and was waiting for two hours on the phone then they hung up on me.  

I’m in the same boat. My SIM card was ordered on Dec. 26, and I have been billed $4.00 for Dec. 27 to 28, and then my billing cycle started Dec. 29, so being billed for that - and I have not yet received my SIM card so haven’t been able to use the service. When I access Koodo Assist to try and get a tracking number or something to be able to find out when my SIM card will be delivered, I receive the message that no one will look into it until 10 days have passed! 

Appreciate the response from Mayumi - I will definitely be asking for a refund for the days that I have been charged despite not being able to use the service. 

Obviously, it would be less headache for customers, but wouldn’t it be less headache for Koodo to change their policy on this and only bill once the SIM card is delivered? I imagine a good number of bills need to be credited due to this nonsensical policy, which must create a lot of extra work for everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/ordering-online