Koodo Community
Solved

ASKED FOR A PAYOFF OF

Before Canceling my account with Koodo as i had 200$ left to pay off my phone and also intentions to go back home i asked for a payoff bill and cancelation after that . Instead of doing that koodo cancelled my connection without giving me the option yo pay my tabs remaining 200 $ and now Removing the discount i got through two years tull now are being asked yo pay which is of 800$ ! Are you guys imsane or a scam ? Like this was done pre planned koodo and ypu know it too . I will escalate this matter in higher authorities and see where can i end up with this case . Enough is enough. After paying for 3 years and when i had one month and 100 somthn in left at tab tp pay after tab bonuses how come that charge was not in my bill but my account got cancelled and my bonus got waived without my consent or letting me informing me !!! 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 5 January 2023, 00:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s how the tab bonus works… you need to stay the full two years in order to benefit from the full amount. See also https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

Yes that is true unless you want to payoff the remaining balance! Once you pay of the remaining tab balance then how are you still be getting that ? I didn’t asked for a connection before paying the entire tab off which was left 30$ only so if i go wit gc payoff my last bill should be seeing a 30$ add together instead of regular 15$ for next two month . Why it was not been in my current bill as i went with payoff 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes that is true unless you want to payoff the remaining balance! Once you pay of the remaining tab balance then how are you still be getting that ? I didn’t asked for a connection before paying the entire tab off which was left 30$ only so if i go wit gc payoff my last bill should be seeing a 30$ add together instead of regular 15$ for next two month . Why it was not been in my current bill as i went with payoff 

But, you wanted to cancel your service, right?

Canceling before 24 months cause pay back Tab bonus in full too.

The agent who did the connection did the previous one too and from bestbuy i was told that my last months bill with koodo will have the rest tab balance to be paid whis is 30$ ( remaining tab balance) + your regular bill . But instead i got bill where that was bo where mention and charged 800 ! Who in this world would be enough stupid or wealthy when after 2 years of usage when theres only 30$ left will ask simply to agree on a deap which will make one pay 800$ instead of 30 ! Like how can this be logic ! 

I wanted to cancel after paying off the remaining tab , which i did with my previous plan too with Koodo where i had 200$ left but went witg straight payoff 

And for being in full two years , i was in my last month as the previous connection which i got was in 2 years before in the exact month . So why would i just simply make my 30$ bill a 800$ one when its just 30$ left and 10-15 days on the bill cycle ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you show a screenshot of your invoice that shows where the $800 comes from? Personal information masked of course.

Sure . Just give me a moment. When i went to get a new connection obviously best buy went through my current one and durimg placing my new order , as normal as it is common here and im not a new user or so been with koodo for straight 4 years , this is my 3rd phone with them, best buy mentioned in the finalization before taking sign that my next months bill will see a new 50$ connection fee which will later be waived and also the remaining tab balance as to go further from one deal to another is only by going through paying off the remaining tab balance. Then how Koodo or best buy processed my account simply by going past that paid off amount and how come i never got to inform that before my account is getting cancelled so my payoff balance is also not being applied . It didn’t give me on any future rpojected bill or so anything that i would have known ! It just appeared on the new bill now and im now informed? Like is it this easy and normal to Make money of people who are doing hard work paying bills for 2 years amd then when they had their last bill left charge them with a bill which they would have choosen in the very bigginning ! Then why did i payed every month when I didnot want to have that bonus ? I cannot simply give me a explanation on how a 30$ bill gets 800$ and a key term like this gets changed without the customers concern or notification or anything. So they will provide a offer , and then will say the offer is not anymore on the last penny and it should be fine ! ??? 

Here they putted my account on cancellation and billed me instead of billing me and then cancel after the period.  Nor the agent not koodo themselve updated me on this particular change that my account will get canceled and then tab payoff will just get removed ! Why would i even think of that absurd thing when i could have payed the bare minimum amount i came upon on after paying all these months and not pay off the remaining balance when i have just a fraction number of amount left ! Why was there no mention of the bill or charge which was told will come sometime and who ever have the power to manage the account went for just cancelling it ! 

just before this bill they putted a two 50$ connection fee on my novembers bill when it had a due of some amount of money and i paid in full . Account balanc got 0 , no pending , then on the bill tor December boom theres two connections fee ! Then why wasnt i told about this also when they told me to that the amount showing in my sepf serve is the final bi i have to pay only and not any more on that then what did they do ? Placed that 100$ charge of connection on the next months bill saying this charge was not available then . And this was the reason I wanted to cancel my account with koodo so i simply went through the agent who got me my new connection going through Koodo account as well where the remaining tab balance i would pay on the next bill that was the normal scene as this is so common for people ! 

So you mean if i pay my remaining tab bonus upfront and make it 0 , even after that if i cancel the two year term that 0 will get revoked and which ended after a discount will get the discount removed and charge me again making it 200?

Then whats the benefit of paying upfront or remaining tab bonus then , if doing that doesnt also make that tab balance 0 and will just change anytime withing the two years if been not using koodo too . I was never informed about rhis matter from my agent who did my connection.  Instead i was told once im domr payimg the tab balace at full im good to get another phone Or connection ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you sign up for the contract, you received the service agreement. And it mention about Tab balance and bonus pay back when you cancelled.

Some people pay off their tab early. It's fine. They only pay for the service once its done. And your Tab bonus will reduce on the background untill it reaches to $0.

But, if you cancel or upgrade your phone, then the bonus become due.

Tab balance is paid by you. Tab bonus is covered by Koodo as long as you stay with them. 

From your screenshot. I see $276 Tab balance and $248 Tab Bonus.   When did you upgrade your phone and what phone you got?

I told my agent to put the remaining tab balance to be payed on the bill of month December & to get my connection canceled on January . Instead my cancellation was placed on december & which lead to my tab bonus bills coming one january bill . But if it was as i did even on the ending days of my last agreement when i got to iphone 12 from XR , paid for the XR in full before it had kore 3 months left and then as i had a paid off phone , i traded it to get my 12 , which didn’t add me any tab balnce on that upgrade , so this time on the blaclfriday offer , i went to the same agent , asked him to put the remaining tab to pay by next month so i will have my phone paid off and can get the 13 which was going on promotions. But never was i told that my account will get cancelled first then there will be tab cancellations fees and then i will get the new phone ! If that was it then why would i even go with this option where after paying 500 on the old one trading it and then getting a 13 , when 13 went with 0 down 20$ per month for device ! I really want to understand where did i made my mistake in that i got this major change i. My agreement ( which some reason is not showing in my self serve to go through again ) or not even how much tab bonus was remaining prior to check . Shouldn’t i be updated on whats my new bill coming if i take the device to be informed to me ? And if would any even small kid would have said No to the move! Who took that decision to cancel my account first which took effect in the January itself but placed on december & didn’t put the remaining pay off on the december but just let it be and suddenly to apprear on the bill which i get on the month of january !!! If my account was alreadt set to cancel , then why it is no where mention in the bill of December ! They charged me the regular discounted tab on the bill of December but changed entirely on my the next month 😅😄 isnt that hilarious like to pay 500$ i paid the 20$ tab bonus even in my last month of connecting willingly? Im so lost like Koodo made me look like the biggest low brainer :) sorry Koodo i never thought my phd would have been easier than you to go through! 

could you show me where it is mentioned that once you have paid off your tab balance in full ( tho having more 2/3 months left on the 24 month contract) if you go to get a new phone or cancel , that 0 $ ta. Balance will reverse too ! I really want to know cause the. Why it wasn’t reversed in the case of my previous phone purchase when i had more 4 months left to the contract but paid off the tab balance in full and went to get another phone on that number ! 

And isnt it tab balance and tab bonus run simultaneously? If tab balance i make 0 by paying ! Tab bonus should be getting 0 as well 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Mr. PHD,

Your rambling is very difficult to read. Can you stick to the issue at hand and maybe have your points displayed in sequential point form.

So far from what I have gathered is that you have a phone in tab for less than 2 years and then canceled resulting in a tab and tab bonus charge. 

As mentioned above by Sophia and Mayumi, and in the posted link, a Tab bonus is reduced over 24 months and if there is a cancelation or early upgrade, it will be charged.

So that is what happened. That rule does not and will not change for your situation.

Now for the incorrect cancellation date that resulted in the tab bonus being charged a month early that can be addressed if this is what you are requesting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You got a new phone in November, which created a new tab and tab bonus, right? Then you cancelled in December. That would explain why the amount to pay off is so high...