Koodo Community
Solved

Am I the only one? 2

• 8 May 2024
  • 1 reply

A member asked for details; from not so far history here is an example. Because of my health and age I go to the US and spend the winter with family. I did that before I became Koodo’s customer, therefore they knew. Koodo tried to entice me to join a monthly plan for ‘Roaming’. I declined since I rarely use my phone; it is mainly for emergencies. For 23 days, Koodo cutoff service as punishment. It was time and I came back to Canada and I received an email saying “there is someone in the US pretending to be you…” to justify not giving credit for the 23 days. My reply was 2-questions: “did Koodo receive 2 signals from US and Canada same time?” The other question was “even if that were true, this is a network security issue, why are you telling me? Do you expect me to solve it for you?” There was no answer of course!!! Not only that, they used that same crap 2 more times to cover-up scams. Another beauty; over $100 “service charge” suddenly appeared in my bill. Before I could contact Koodo (I have a hell of a time trying to contact these people) I received an email asking me to ‘rate’ (or grade) “the service you requested”. I did not know what that service was. My reply was one sentence “what service did I request?” No reply again but the charge disappeared. That scam depended on the fact that people’s memory gets bad by age. They would have 2 ways to collect. One, I would pay assuming that they did but I do not remember. The other was, since I ‘rated’ the service then I received it. My asking crumpled their theory. I received an email from “Andrew Koodo??” who defended his employees claiming “accumulation of charges” Let me tell him again; when you add BOGUS charges they will accumulate because “I will NEVER pay ONE CENT that is bogus” I will say it again I will not pay one cent of bogus money you can hit the wall if you want!!! Before this email I believed some employees were doing that for themselves. That happens when management is loose and does not do its job. Now I know they are following instructions from the top. You know how the saying goes “birds of a feather…” Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Lou 8 May 2024, 07:19

View original

1 reply

I cannot follow what you are saying at all.