Koodo Community
Solved

$23.17 overcharged for my first month payment

I just added my second phone line on November 26, 2022, the monthly payment should be $30 from November 26 to December 24, 2022. However, your partial charge is $53.17 from November 26 to December 24, 2022. It's not correct. You need to refund me $23.17 before HST applied.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 14 January 2023, 02:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of pages 3 or 4 from your detailed pdf ebill in self serve with the partial billing cycle and the full billing cycle charges so we can confirm the error.  Remember to black out any personal info

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And you don't get credit for partial charge. It will apply for hull bill charge.

The partial charge should be $30 from November 26 to December 24, 2022, as my monthly payment is $30 from November 26 to December 24, 2022. koodo overcharged $20. You can checked the bill !

My monthly mobile phone is $30, but koodo charged partial $53.17 from November 26 to December 24, 2022 for my first bill, plus next  month $30 from December 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023. It's not correct.

My monthly billing cycle is from date 25 to date 24. The mobile phone service per month is $30, but koodo charged partial $53.17 from November 26 to December 24, 2022. It is overcharged!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You said this is for your second line. And your accounts bill cycle is 25th of the month to 24th of next month.

You added a line next day of your billing cycle. That's why you got charged almost full month of partial charge. And the system don't give you a credit for your partial charge. 

But, you will receive bill credit for next 24 months.

The time was unfortunate. Also your plan is not $30. It's a  $55 plan ( or $50) with full credit makes it $30.

My monthly billing cycle is from date 25 to date 24.

The mobile phone service per month is $30. I know I got discount for $20, because the original price is $50 as told by my agent.

I added my line on November 26, 2022. But koodo charged partial $53.17 from November 25, 2022 to December 24, 2022. And also koodo charged $30 plus tax from December 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023.

So total charge is $83.17 more plus tax from November 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023 for my second line.

So I think it is overcharged about $20 for period November 25 2022 - December 24, 2022. It's hard to understand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think your plan is $55 with $25 credit? Can you check your EBill? And if you want, you can post a screenshot of your bill without personal info.

$55 / 30days x 29 days = $53.17. It's for November 26 to December 24, 2022.

Then $55 - $25 credit= $30. This is for December 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023.

You got 29 days if service before full bill cycle kicks in. It's unfortunate.

But anybody start service or upgrade, then there is always a partial charge.

Your next bill for additional line will be full credit on too.

Yes, my plan is $55 with $25 credit, as told by agent. I never expected I would charged $53.17 for my first month bill in less than one month service.

But I do not understand why my first month does not have $25 credit applied.  $25 credit is applied only for next following months.

You said:

$55 / 30days x 29 days = $53.17. It's for November 26 to December 24, 2022.

The second month is $55 - $25 credit= $30. This is for December 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023.

I think you have got the issue.

Thanks for your replies.

Peter

Bill record image loaded for the reference.

I contacted my agent. She said the koodo system could not apply $25 for my first month bill, because the first month is not exact full bill cycle. She said the only way to get the $25 credit back is to call koodo service. 

She helped me to set up phone call for a number of times. However, koodo never called me successfully, because koodo always uses AI machine to call, and left messages in my phone box. Looks there is no other way to contact koodo.

She said agent does not have authority to add any credit.

It is pretty annoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Like I said, they don't give you( customers) credit for partial charge. They will start applying credit on full charge.

You added/ activared new line day after your billing cycle.   So, it counts as partial charge. Yes, timing was bad.

But, you will receive a full credit next 24 months on your full charge service. 

I don't know why the rep told you to receive a credit on partial charge. Well, she also mentioned that a rep don't have authority to do it, because it's not supposed to be.

you said koodo will split $25 credit in my next 12 months. That's not supposed to do, it's so different from the way that Bell, Rogers, Fido count the exact service days and charge the customers. I don't think Koodo do the right way to charge the customer like me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"you said koodo will split $25 credit in my next 12 months."

- Where did I say that?

You said: "You added/ activared new line day after your billing cycle.   So, it counts as partial charge. Yes, timing was bad."

I think koodo has bad service when it charges customers like me, because I didn't use one month service, koodo charged me $53.17 for almost two month bill. Koodo charges customers unlike Bell, Rogers, and Fido.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You said: "You added/ activared new line day after your billing cycle.   So, it counts as partial charge. Yes, timing was bad."

I think koodo has bad service when it charges customers like me, because I didn't use one month service, koodo charged me $53.17 for almost two month bill. Koodo charges customers unlike Bell, Rogers, and Fido.

I said  : $53.17 is for partial month and you don't get a credit.

And for full cycle  second month is $55 - $25 credit= $30. This is for December 25, 2022 to January 24, 2023. You are receiving full credit.  You will receive $25 monthly for xx months.

It's tricky to the customers