Koodo Community
Solved

xfinity esim instal notification on my iphone 14 pro

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I keep getting a notification that xfinity esim is attempting to set up on my iphone 14 pro. I am a Koodo customer and located in Canada. I do not have an xfinity account. I have restarted my phone several times and it still appears. 

if I tap the notification it goes to begin the esim set up. I tap cancel. A short while later it will appear again. 

Other then a factory reset how can I resolve this? 

icon

Best answer by amanda 22 September 2023, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Weird. Xfinity is an American carrier for xfinity internet customers. I couldn’t say why your iphone keeps having that message. I assume the iphone was bought in Canada? 

I can flag a rep to see if there’s anything known about this. 

I almost want to say go ahead with it and see how far it lets you go. If somehow you finish registration, you could just remove the esim. 

I purchased the phone at an Apple Store in Canada. And I am not near the boarder. 

I was almost curious to say install, but I was not sure if it could be a virus or something. 

I don’t connect to wifi outside of my internet either- which is password encryption. 

thanks I think it should be escalated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I suppose that’s possible for some sort of exploit. I’ve flagged a rep. It may be good to reach out to Apple support as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @amanda  

That’s odd. If you were not the one setting it up then we would recommend trying to reset the network settings of the device. This will forget any wi-fi and Bluetooth connections the settings will be back to default. 

Resetting your network settings clears your cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN and APN settings. Don’t worry, your personal data will be safe.

For step-by-step help, search Network in your phone’s interactive tutorials.

I would also recommend checking to see if there is anything to delete in regards to the Esim profile. Steps for IOS here.

For iOS:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
3. Tap the plan you want to erase.
4. Tap Remove Cellular Plan.

Make sure to remove anything, except the Koodo one. 

As @Goran mentioned. It is best to contact Apple support as well, they can double check if there are other option.