Koodo Community
Solved

WIFI calling not working

• 15 December 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I have read many of the threads about WIFI calling and it looks like I need to be flagged so a rep can fix my account. WIFI calling does not accept my phone number for e911 and I have tried all suggestions. I need this for work please help fast

Galaxy s20

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 15 December 2022, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Before flaging, would you mind to confirm if you are a postpaid customer and your S20 is a Canadian model phone? Also, can you log into your selfserve, check the addon area and see if you have the volte access addon or not? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using the same email address for Self Serve as here in the community?

This allows the rep to access your account and send private messages if necessary.

Userlevel 1

Hello

Yes this is the same email as my account.

Dinh:  I am postpaid yes it’s a canadian phone. I checked the add on area and VOLTE is not there nor is there an option to add but the other threads mention this as well. I got the app to check VOLTE and yes it’s turned on.

I did all the things. Help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello

Yes this is the same email as my account.

Dinh:  I am postpaid yes it’s a canadian phone. I checked the add on area and VOLTE is not there nor is there an option to add but the other threads mention this as well. I got the app to check VOLTE and yes it’s turned on.

I did all the things. Help

Thank you. Either one of us can flag a rep, but because Dinh replied to your post first, I want to avoid double-flagging a rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@John1818 - I just went in and added the add-on for you. You may need to restart your phone before seeing the option.

Userlevel 1

@John1818 - I just went in and added the add-on for you. You may need to restart your phone before seeing the option.

@Chris Koodo Thanks Chris. I see the change on my account but when prompted for my number it says koodo doesn’t recognize it so it still doesn’t work. I restarted my phone twice to be sure. Any advice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@John1818 - Can you try again please. I just reset the add-on another time

Userlevel 1

@John1818 - Can you try again please. I just reset the add-on another time

@Chris Koodo - I restarted my phone and tried to enable WIFI calling. It then prompts me for my phone number so it can text me a code but gives me the error “The number entered doesn’t match our records.”

Userlevel 1

Just giving this a bump as I still am having the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The next step, according to a rep's comment in a similar post, is that they recommend scheduling a callback so they can further investigate and get tech support involved. Please use Koodo Assist to schedule a callback.

Userlevel 1

The next step, according to a rep's comment in a similar post, is that they recommend scheduling a callback so they can further investigate and get tech support involved. Please use Koodo Assist to schedule a callback.

Yeah which is 2 days from now. My old carrier now that i left is matching the offer with more data it may be easier to leave since I kept the sim card. What kind of company doesn’t have a customer service phone line???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah which is 2 days from now. My old carrier now that i left is matching the offer with more data it may be easier to leave since I kept the sim card. What kind of company doesn’t have a customer service phone line???

Try this link here to see if this resolves the issue.

Userlevel 1

Same problem. I tried that from an earlier thread I read about it and I also tried again now error message :“ The number entered doesn't match our records. Please re-enter your number. “

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same problem. I tried that from an earlier thread I read about it and I also tried again now error message :“ The number entered doesn't match our records. Please re-enter your number. “

Unfortunately, I do not have access to internal phone numbers. A quick look on Reddit might prove useful. If your old carrier is offering a better deal with less hassle, go for it.

Userlevel 1

This isn’t fixed by end of my work day I’m going back to bell what a terrible experience. They all suck but at least they answer the phone. Why couldn’t they offer me the plan they are now before ($42 for 25GB) I left and wasted all this time with koodo... But it’s a base plan with a applied credit so have to switch again after that Ugh. At least I’m getting the rate I wanted but not without pulling a few teeth ffs. So glad I didn’t chuck the sim card lol. Thanks for your time rikkster

Userlevel 1

Ok it’s been fun thanks for the “help” I guess it is technically solved now because I left.