Koodo Community
Solved

why am i being charged for some pictures messaging and some texts?

I have the $15.00 a month plan. I thought it was free in Canada text and picture messaging. I’m being charged for some of them and I don’t understand why. Help! I can’t find the details of the plan and I have no idea who to ask. I just keep getting charges. Sometimes I’m charged for a picture/text to a friend and sometimes not to the same friend!
thank you

icon

Best answer by Goran 30 March 2022, 03:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The $15 postpaid plan only includes text messaging within Canada. Picture messaging and international texts are charged $$$$$$.

The $15 prepaid plan does include MMS, so does Public Mobile’s $15 plan which is identical to the one you have now except better :)

Edit: oh for the details of that plan, refer to this page: https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans (scroll down a little and then click the plan for details)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you got the postpaid 15 dollar starter plan, it explicitly does not include MMS. In the fine print for that plan: “Pay-per-use rates apply for multimedia (picture and video) messages. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. “

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

The prepaid version for 15 dollars includes international texting and mms.

So no pictures can be sent at all?

what about if someone sends me a picture?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Receiving a picture message is included. To send images you either need to pay, get another plan, or use a service like WhatsApp, Telegram etc.

Thank you!!

When did this change? I've had the same $15 plan for many years and it's always included free picture messaging. I don't think it's legal to change the terms of my contract. When did Kpodo do this and start charging me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is the new postpaid $15 starter plan and it hasn’t been around for years, also it hasn’t ever included picture messaging. Can you explain exactly what plan you are on, and check 3 etc of your invoice to see what the charges were for?

I had it when I signed up and had free picture messaging for years. I only noticed today that I was just charged for sending a pic and want to know when and how it was changed without my knowledge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of the part of the invoice that says it’s for picture messaging? with any personal information masked of course :)

Last year I added my son to my account and at that time I was encouraged to modernize my plan to increase the data. I think the data went from 100mb to 250mb. Was not told about picture messaging. I've had the Koodo 15 buck plan for many, many years, I believe it may have been prepaid before. I can't access any billing older than that, even though it's the same phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yikes, that’s a bummer. When they “updated” your plan to the new starter plan, they should have told you that it no longer offers MMS. I recommend you check out Public Mobile. It has the EXACT same $15 plan and it still offers MMS. Plus minute/data overage is a lot more affordable, if that ever comes up.